Required summer reading:
1. How to Read Literature Like a Professor, by Thomas C. Foster
2. Read (or re-read) ONE of the following PAIRS of novels:
· The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens
· Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe and Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad
· The Awakening, by Kate Chopin and Mrs. Dalloway, by Virginia Woolf
· The Crucible, by Arthur Miller and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain
As you read, annotate each selection. If you prefer not to write in the book, you either should use Post-It notes to mark pages OR take notes on each chapter of the books. Annotations and/or notes will be due within the first two days of school.